At Henderson North we value the importance of education our pupils for an ever changing world.
The inquiry learning process and integration of the New Zealand curriculum are essential to providing our students in becoming self directed, independent and motivated learners.
Our children often experience a wide range of co-curricular activities. These include sporting, cultural, musical, artistic and leadership opportunities. These extend and enrich children’s life experiences and also help support children’s learning.
Through the support and example of the school and families working together we aim to help students;
- be independent and believe in themselves as learners
- recognise achievements and play ways of improving
- take responsibility for their choices
- have respect for themselves,for others and the environment
- be resilient with challenges and optimistic about future success
To provide a quality school with a caring environment which promotes learning through a balanced curriculum and offers opportunities for children and teachers to reach their full potential and encourages positive relationships with others.
- The school climate meets the needs of all students and supports the links between home and school
- Programmes promote confidence to ask questions, take risks with opportunities to make choices
- Programmes develop the skills for working together and value diversity and the Treaty of Waitangi
- There are high expectations of children and teachers with reflection on effective practice
- Resources are up to date and expertise is appreciated within the school and community.
- Curiosity, Independence, Optimism, Perseverance, Health, Desire to learn
- Kindness and Generosity, Co-operation and Competition, Tolerance, Reliability, Fairness, Cultural Respect, Empathy
Values for Self
Values for Others
Honesty, Responsibility, Respect